Sunday, April 5, 2015

Hondagua: Lopez Quezon Province


This is in Hondagua Station. From Calauag, Pinagkamaligan up to 45 mins. ride in railway skates back & forth. 


Hello everyone. I made this blog for this place I visit after holy week. You may not be familiar with this place & it's not blog-gable also but I want to call out the people who likes adventure and try to go out of their comfort zone. This place is called Hondagua. My mom is from Calauag Quezon Province. Have you tried riding on their railway skates? If not then what are you waiting for?! :)

Holy week is a very special religious occasion especially in the Philippines. Traditionally a family would go out & have their vacation. We expect of course a massive people would go out to different destination. My family decided to just spend our holy week in Calauag Quezon Province. It's actually a 5-6 hours drive from Manila. We spend our holy week solemnly because we just stayed at home. But after the holy week I've decided to go out because I know people now are done with their vacation. I don't have a plan that time so I just prepared things I want to bring & told my mom that I'd like to go out or explore somehow before we go back in Manila. My mom agreed but she told me to bring with me my younger sister & my cousin. They asked me where we'll go & I told them "bahala na si batman" haha!(whatever just go with the flow). 

Dora the Explorer! OTW "bahala na si batman" :)


My sister & my cousin and other passengers. The rate is P20.00/pax


This man's skates is called "de-tulak" (a thing that is pushed). "De-tulak" are being used by the residents who live beside the railways.



This man's skates have a  motor. This skates usually used as a public transportation. It can accommodate up to 12 person for this kind of skates. Can't believe it? Then you should come & try it! :)



As you can see here they were lifting their skates to the side so that the other way could passed by. (giving way)



A bridge along the railway. 



A bridge and a river along the rail.



A fishpond.



The Philippine Flour Mills.



 This is the Philippine Flour Mills port in Hondagua. 




This is the vintage Hondagua Station. 



A 50 meter away from the station. 



The beach of Hondagua.



An abandoned old parts of train.



This is the Department Offices of Hondagua PNR. (they haven't developed this place yet)



Some of the residence here put up business like this since they live beside the beach. 



They made cottages. The entrance fee cost P3.00 pesos. The cottages rate here cost P200-300.00 pesos. You may also request the owner for a lower rate depends on your negotiation.



Don't forget your hat & sunglasses. :)



Since we're not gonna swim we didn't rent a cottage. So the owner told us that they also rent their boat for P200.00 pesos but I asked the owner if we could rent it for P100.00 pesos, he agreed! :) (strolling near at the Philippine Flour Mills port area only)



The three of us & two kuya who assisted us. I told them to go near the island to stop by for awhile. 



This is the island we went to stop by for awhile to take some pictures. We're still in Hondagua.



We saw this kids collecting shells. 



We saw some awesome creatures. 



There are different sari-sari stores but we decided to have our merienda here. :) 





And yes! we still enjoyed this great adventure. Thank you God for guiding us and bringing us here. It's a great & awesome experience. Ride in a railway skates & strolling on a boat. This is indeed an unplanned exploration. Our foot brought us here. Thank you God! 

My comments:
Don't expect that the facilities here is like the other beach resorts you knew. 
Facilities are not yet developed here.
The stores here are affordable.  
This place need to be developed and can be a tourist destination someday. 


I made a 1:00 minute video of our adventure! :)
SKEACHING
(Skates-Beach-Strolling)


















































1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful life tnx for your wonderFULLmemories and adventures at my town,
i share your photos to my groups lopez Quezon groups. tnx GOD blessed